Friday, February 19, 2010

Get in the Kitchen to Hair Condition

I've said it a few times already but I like to use natural type products to take care of my hair.  You can get in the kitchen to hair condition.  A lot of things that we eat are good conditioners for natural hair.

Hair conditioning recipes:


I deep condition with olive oil, heat it up apply to hair and put a plastic cap/bag on hair. I also do the same with Castor oil.  You can go under a hair dryer or put a towel in the microwave for a bit and then wrap it  around the plastic cap. I then rinse it out with warm water and then rinse my hair with as cold of water as I can stand. I mean COLLLLD it helps to reseal the hair follicles.



When wearing an afro I used to mash up avocado, olive oil, maybe a 1/4 of a bannana , about 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt and a little honey, maybe a teaspoon. Once again put a cap on your head and let it sit.  I haven't done this since I've had locks I don't want anything to get stuck in them since this mix can be a bit chunky and very creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment