Thursday, August 5, 2010

Product Review Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo

I like Burt's Bees chapsticks, lip jars and body lotions so I figured I would try the shampoo.  I like to use more natural based shampoos that are clear in color, the bottle said that it was 97.20 natural. It contains glycerine and honey both of which I like to use on my hair.  The product was reasonably priced at 9.99 for 350 ml and easy to find.  It smells decent-not overpowering.

HOWEVER it left my hair with a strange ultra dry and filmy feeling.  When washing my hair I could barely run my hand through my locs with out a feeling of resistance.  This product was horrible for my locs and I'm very disappointed.

Perhaps the shampoo was not meant for my hair because it is a volumizing formula. Perhaps on straight hair the filmy resistance would result in more body.  I suppose by avoiding making hair feel silky would allow it to have more "poof".

I would NOT recommend this shampoo for loc wearers.

Out of 5 stars I would give this 2 simply for the smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment